Student Comments on Teaching
Mentoring and Teaching Activities
- Spring 2013, Teaching the class 3.021J/1.021J/10.333J/18.361J/22.00J “Introduction to Modeling and Simulation” (with J. Grossman/Department of Materials Science and Engineering and M. Buehler/Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering) (evaluation 5.8 out of 7).
- Summer 2014, Research Mentor for Research Scholar Institute (RSI) for K-12 students, mentoring the high school student Phillip Yu and Berfin Gögercin.
- Spring 2014, Research Mentor for MIT CEE master of engineering student, Bogdan Demian, for project “Structure and mechanical behavior of 3D spider web”.
- Spring 2014, Research Mentor for MIT CEE Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) student, Mary Hwang, for project “Graphene wrinkle and application”.
- Summer 2011, Research Mentor for Research Scholar Institute (RSI) for K-12 students, mentoring the 3rd year high school student Hadass Inbar on the project “The thickness of hydroxyapatite nanocrystal affects the mechanical property of collagen-hydroxyapatite interface”, and won the top 10 prize (all 70).
- 2010-2011, Research Mentor for MIT UROP student, leading the sophomore Andrea Fabre in Bio-Chemical Engineering to finish the project “Structure and mechanism of maximum stability of alpha-helical protein domains at a critical length scale”.Type your paragraph here.